Day 1 Bug Bounty — 60 days 60bugs challenge

 

Hi there, its Hacker Yadav again, So I woke up at 5 energetically and by 5.30 I was down with my laptop to hack. I decided what program to hack and was searching for the programs to hack. I discovered Mastercard and T-Mobile has its program on Bugcrowd but later on decided to hack on Mastercard.

Something that I noticed is that there are some programs that explicitly says to register using the @bugcrowdninja domain. Something you should never forget to do. Till now, I was not using the bugcrowdninja email. You can get its documentation [HERE]. I was kinda skeptical where to access it from so I sent a sample email from my email and saw that it was coming to to the email where the account was registered from.

I started exploring the in-scope domains and all its environment. They have rate limiting functions and will block you if you try to do active reconnaissance. I got kicked out from one of the domains but was able to got access to it again after some time. I was trying from CSRF to XSS to every possible ways that I had skills on. But without a luck.

In the afternoon, I was logged into a domain and when i changed the url to admin, it gave me an unauthorized error revealing all the internal server paths! I tried escalating it but couldn't find a way to do it. So I tried reporting it with some hopes to get the report accepted.

Later in the evening, I got response that they have marked it to P5 bug, as I was only able to see the whole stack trace and not able to access it.

I was happy that I was at least able to submit a bug today but was not able to gain a bounty from that. Probably will find a way to exploit this soon.

I spent almost 7 and half hours doing for the first day for the bug. I use the app called Toggl track and it has got lot of features(not sponsored). I have pulled it under Mastercard project so you would not be able to see other hours.

My learning:

  1. Always use bugcrowdninja email or hackerone email for testing purposes. You might get banned from the program just not using testing accounts.
  2. Starting to hack first thing in the morning has helped me a lot since I believe to wake up early in the morning. There is no problem being a late night owl but covering most of the hours in the morning tends to make an impact on me.
  3. I was skeptical if I would find any bug but keeping self confidence helps a lot in having the mentality.
  4. Do read potential vulnerabilities on hackactivity from HackerOne and Crowdstream from Bugcrowd. It helps a lot. Not to mention, Youtube :)

I hope this post has helped you gain some knowledge. Thank you for reading this post. See you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diamond Hack Website FF Latest December 19 2023 100% Working

Java Runtime Setup for win10

DOWNLOAD DROIDJACK 4.4 FULL VERSION – REMOTE ADMINISTRATION TOOLS